May 15, 2017
December 31, 2017
AddressOnline Event View map
WHAT IS SOS?
Speak Out Summit was created to spread awareness throughout the month of April which is Sexual Assault Awareness Month. This quickly evolved into a 5-day event as a way to begin having more in-depth conversations within the virtual community on the impact of Sexual Violence.
WHO IS SOS FOR?
Speak Out Summit not only brings diversity with topics and speakers but it’s also important that we cater to attendees of all spiritual practices and lifestyles. Whether you’ve experienced any form of Sexual Assault or you’d just like to be educated on the effect of Sexual Assault we are glad to have you.
Who is this for? We’re glad you asked…
- Women and men who have experienced any form of Sexual Trauma
- Family and friends who would like to learn how to better support women and men who’ve experienced sexual trauma
- Teachers or staff within educational facilities
- Women and men of all spiritual or religious beliefs and lifestyles who want to better support women and men who have experienced trauma
- Parents who’d like to learn about how to begin having healthy sex positive conversations with their children
- Community leaders who would like to be equipped to better support women and men who’ve experienced trauma
Rape Victim Advocates Values:
- Providing consistent, comprehensive and victim-centered services which address the needs of the populations we serve
- Promoting a healthy, stable, and financially diverse workplace that encourages and supports staff
- Working with marginalized and disempowered communities
- Demanding accountability for individuals and institutions who have a responsibility to serve the community
- Promoting prevention efforts to destigmatize and de-mythify sexual violence
- Strive to support each person involved in this movement and to understand intersections of all oppressions and how they contribute to a rape culture.
Yes, I support survivors of Sexual Assault and would like to contribute to healing rape culture.