October 5, 2021
October 6, 2021
AddressOnline Event View map
Alberta’s electricity sector is leading the way toward renewable energy development.
A unique market structure and deregulated electricity sector are providing exciting opportunities and a competitive advantage for investment. How will these changes in the market affect regulatory policy and customer behavior?
Join our engaging faculty of speakers at the 9th Annual Alberta Power Symposium to assess developments in the power sector, address challenges, and highlight areas of growth.
As the province moves forward from the impacts of COVID-19, learn about recovery plans for the energy-only market, discover how corporate PPA’s are driving economic growth, and address questions on how to achieve emissions targets and develop affordable energy in Alberta.
Highlights from this year’s program include:
- Plans to achieve targets in the Renewable Electricity Act and strategies to incorporate renewables into the grid
- Major new renewable energy investments with Amazon, Labatt’s, Shell, RBC, TC Energy and more
- Exploring the role of hydrogen and plans for a hydrogen power hub
- Evaluating federal funding for carbon capture solutions and opportunities for commercial use
- Current advancements in small modular nuclear reactors (SMRs) as a viable source of low-carbon energy
- Innovative energy storage technologies as the key to renewables
This is your opportunity to engage with the major stakeholders in the power industry to address the evolving challenges facing this sector.