June 28, 2021
July 1, 2021
AddressOnline Event View map
New reality, vastly limited by COVID-19 pandemic, have shown that technology is a bridge to better future. Over the last years, digital banking and mobile payments have proved to be a real life case study for millions of users from Africa, adding value to the industry, making people financial lives better and bringing in more tech talents. Digital transformation has become the key to Africa’s development.
Closely interacting with new forms of technology and financial change, blockchain technology has become a great alternative for millions of unbanked African people who don’t have access to mobile payment systems. In 2020, the number of cryptocurrency transactions in some African countries has exploded, making major players in the distributed ledger technology space adding to the growth of the ecosystem.
Banks, enterprises, and tech entrepreneurs are not only changing the continent’s destiny with cutting edge technologies, but also shape and improve investment landscape. During African Blockchain Week Virtual Summit 2021, key players will make an expert overview of current situation with virtual banks, cryptocurrency and payments industry, regulatory challenges and assess blockchain impact on African countries’ economy.
Payments x Blockchain: cross-border payments, remittances, interbank settlement
- Exploring the development of Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) in Africa
- Digital bank development in Africa – banking is necessary, maybe banks are not
- Blockchain bridges from Africa to Asia, Israel, Europe and US
- Investment strategies: bridging funding gap in Africa
- How does Blockchain apply to traditional industries like oil, real estate
- DLT-based solutions for financial inclusion and digital economy in Africa
- Bitcoin and alternative payment systems for the unbanked population
- Enterprise & Blockchain
- Digital Identity: transforming Africa’s economic and political landscape
- Explosive growth of digital assets adoption
- Prospects of DeFi in Africa
- Regulation challenges for growing crypto & blockchain ecosystem in Africa
- Major blockchain initiatives in Africa: prospects for 2021
- Asset Tokenisation, real estate, companies and art