January 1, 2017
December 31, 2017
AddressOnline Event View map
What Will I Learn?
- Get super-value practical tips for creating social change from people who have done it, with presentations from and interviews with over 20 founders
- Hear personal stories from social entrepreneurs on their journey, their mistakes and what they’ve learnt along the way
- Insights into a wide range of topics such as leadership, creativity, fundraising, design thinking, branding, PR, company culture, personal sustainability and so much more
- Learn how to raise money, gain attention, build teams , ask better questions, overcome fear and so much more!
The #StartingGood Virtual Summit brings together almost thought-leaders and doers from the social enterprise and social change world to share what they know to help you start good.
In 2017 featured guests included two New York Times Best-Selling authors, Clay Shirky and Joel Comm, the “godfather of social entrepreneurship” and founder of Ashoka Bill Drayton, and founders from enterprises working in fashion, food, education, mental health, leadership, storytelling and more.
The #StartingGood Social Enterprise Virtual Summit is unique opportunity for emerging social entrepreneurs, and those already working in the sector or interested in getting involved, to learn from some of the most inspiring founders and insightful thought-leaders in social change. It’s all about giving you access to the ideas, inspiration and insights you need to start good.
Talks and presentations include:
- Daniel Flynn, co-founder of Thank You Group, on his story of founding Thank You Water;
- Em Havens from IDEO U on building learning communities;
- Dave Gravina from Future Friendly on the acquisition of his social enterprise last year;
- Luke Terry from Vanguard Laundry on how he raised $6 million to launch his;
- Natasha Akib from Digital Storytellers presenting their “stories for change” canvas;
- Clay Shirky on how technology is changing politics;
- Justin Milano, co-founder of Good Startups, on overcoming fear;
- Dora Nikols, founder of Social Mission, an ethical PR agency, on gaining media for your social enterprise;
- Tony Loyd on the top 10 pieces of advice he received from speaking to over 150 social entrepreneurs for The Social Entrepreneurship Podcast;
- Hildy Gottleib from Creating the Future on how changing the questions you ask can change everything and;
- Bill Drayton, founder of Ashoka, on the next paradigm shift that’s coming.
And so much more! We have videos from 25 founders and other thought-leaders covering storytelling, fundraising, opportunities for fashion social enterprises, startup leadership, human-centred design, personal sustainability and much much more.
Hear personal stories from social entrepreneurs further along in their journey, who will share their mistakes and what they’ve learned along the way. Access practical tips on how to get started, tools for social change and more, from the world’s most inspiring and insightful entrepreneurs, academics and trainers.
What’s in it for you?
- You’re an aspiring changemaker with a passion to change the world. #StartingGood will give you the foundation to do so – with knowledge, advice and practical tips to get you started.
- You’re a creative thinker, full of wild ideas to solve the world’s biggest problems. #StartingGood will help you turn those ideas into a reality, and shape them into a sustainable social enterprise.
- You’re already a social entrepreneur working on an opportunity. #StartingGood will provide endless opportunities for you to learn more to help you increase your impact and sustainability.