August 4, 2019
December 31, 2019
AddressOnline Event View map
It’s time to create the conditions that reimagine a path of healing, reconnect with authentic community, and manifest true justice. Radical dharma (“complete truth”) is a way to enter the critical conversation about how the legacy of racial injustice and white supremacy plays out and prevents our collective awakening. We can only accomplish shifts in awareness by creating conditions for radical honesty, where we drop our need for perfection to speak and act from a place of deep vulnerability and authentic presence.
Rev. angel Kyodo williams Sensei and guest teacher Lama Rod Owens help us navigate grief, apathy, alienation, and burnout and engage in an intimate practice of bold, authentic, and inclusive conversation. Together we will:
- Identify and disrupt patterns of internalized oppression and collusion
- Learn embodied practice of Centering in Presence to build internal capacity
- Learn to recognize and disrupt social patterns that play a role in silencing ourselves and others
- Unearth and dismantle myths that deny the history and context of our conditioning
- Practice skillfully engaging across lines of difference to continue the conversation in your own community
As we align our values with our behaviors, we become equipped and empowered to respond to the urgent need for action. All people looking for ways to deconstruct rather than amplify systems of suffering are welcome.