September 10, 2020
September 10, 2020
AddressOnline Event View map
Within the Asian landscape, India with its 1.3 billion people has always been unique. After years of becoming one of the world’s most important pay-TV markets, a new revolution is underway. While growth in TV continues, mobile internet is exploding and providing what could soon be one of the world’s biggest video streaming markets. The entry of more than 30 streaming platforms in a span of barely three years speaks volume about the massive potential this industry has. As 2021 progresses, it will be of interest to many to find out what trends the video streaming industry in India will see play out next year, and what key drivers of growth will be for industry players and customers.
What’s New for 2020?
- India Video Trends, Forecast and Statistics with the Impact of COVID-19
- SVOD vs AVOD Models: Battle for the Living Room
- The Future of Video Streaming: How Technology is altering Business Practices
- Ideas that Scale: Localising Global Formats for the India Market
- Consumers and Content in a Mobile Economy
Who We Are
The Asia Video Industry Association (AVIA) is THE trade association for the video industry and ecosystem in Asia Pacific. It serves to make the video industry stronger and healthier through promoting the common interests of its members. Understanding global trends in media, AVIA is focused specifically on addressing issues in the video markets of Asia.
- the interlocutor for the video industry with governments across the region.
- dedicated to reducing video piracy and creating a more sustainable business environment for established as well as new video companies to innovate and grow.
- a leading resource for information and intelligence on trends and developments in the video industry in Asia, through publications, newsletters, conferences and seminars.
What we do
- AVIA is the association for all connected with the video ecosystem in Asia.
- AVIA exists to make the video industry in Asia stronger, healthier, more vibrant, and to foster innovation in the industry.
- AVIA has a large and diverse membership, and is a “must join” association for anyone connected to the video industry.
- AVIA reaches out – and is relevant – to staff at all levels in member companies. All employees of member companies are considered as our members.
- AVIA brings the industry together to allow challenges that are common to all to be faced together.
- AVIA speaks for the industry with one voice in consultations and dialogues with regulators and government bodies across Asia Pacific.
- AVIA is taking a leading role in developing tangible and measurable actions to reduce the effect of video piracy and works collaboratively with similarly like-minded organisations.
- AVIA will provide leading industry information and intelligence on developments in different markets, on developments in business models, and developments in technology for the video industry.
- AVIA is regional in focus, but with strong membership in every Asian market and active regular engagements in each market.
Heritage and Evolution
AVIA has evolved from CASBAA, which was established in 1991 at the birth of the pay TV industry in Asia; a time when video was primarily distributed and received through cable and satellite. Today, the video industry has evolved and while linear pay TV, cable operators and satellite providers are still a big and important part of the industry, it equally encompasses all those who produce, curate and distribute video content in whatever format, to whatever device, and the entire ecosystem that surrounds the video industry.